- You are important– So God created mankind in His own image; in the image of God He created them; male and female He created them. -Genesis 1:27-
- You Are Loved: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. -John 3:16-
- You are not alone: Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. -Deuteronomy 31:6-
- You are strong: He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. -Isaiah 40:29-
- You can do anything: Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” -Matt 19:26-
- You are blessed– The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you -Numbers 6:24-25-
- No one is perfect: For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God -Romans 3:23-
- Your future is bright: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11-
- All your needs are met: And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. –Philippians 4:19-
- God is with you: So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10-
On many occasions I had to comfort my son; after one of his sporting events he would be upset for one reason or another. After all my other advice failed to make him feel better I would tell him you could always just run on the field or run on the court, this would get a laugh out of him. I would ask him who’s going to stop him? He said the coach would take him out, but he was already out so what did he have to lose? Nothing! But he had a lot to gain.
Opportunities work like this; often times we miss opportunities because we are afraid to come off the bench, afraid to try something new or different. In your life you do not need permission to come off the bench and join the game. You have total control of how much playing time you get. Don’t let fear of failing, fear of ridicule, doubt, and uncertainty be the reason why you missed this whole game called life. Whatever it is you have been hoping for, been inquisitive about, or have been wanting to try, go for it, who’s going to stop you? Read More
Have you heard or read the story about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego? In the book of Daniel chapter 3, a king named Nebuchadnezzar built a gold statute and he ordered everyone to kneel before the statue and worship it. When the music played everyone kneeled with the exception of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. King Nebuchadnezzar was made aware of this by some Babylonian fortunetellers, who saw this in a vision. Read More
When your sight is limited, so is your vision. Your vision will only go as far as you can see, as far as the situation you are in right now. When your vision is limited, so is your blessings. We are only blessed with those things that we believe are possible, if we are only depending on what we see, our beliefs are limited.
Your vision is the belief in something greater, something you can’t see in the physical sense. One definition for vision is the ability to think about or plan the future with imagination or wisdom. When you only focus on things in front of you, you can’t have a vision for anything else. Sometimes our mountains are so big we can’t see around them so we get stuck believing that this is where we are supposed to be. You cannot see around so you can’t see what’s on the other side.
After every trail, tribulation, test, or setback there is always something on the other side. You have to expand your sight so that your vision can get bigger. Look past your current situation and see all the possibilities of tomorrow. Tonight, I am tired but tomorrow will be better. My debt is surmounting but I know if I keep managing what I have one day I will have more than enough. This house isn’t big enough for my family but one day soon we’ll have more than enough room. Tonight, I sit in this room alone but I know one day this room will be filled with love.
When you start speaking these words of faith, expanding your vision beyond your current situation you will start to see a change. The mountain will begin to crumble right in front of your face. In Habakkuk 2:2 it says write the vision and make it plain, so he may run who reads it. This means write out what you want your future to look like, what do you see? Do not complicate it with big words or long plans. Once it is written read it and then get to work. Start working toward those things you see in your future. You cannot pray for a husband and have a vision of your marriage and sit in your living room every day. It just doesn’t work like that.
God knows the plans he has for us; we just have to believe that all things are possible. Yes, all things. What are you facing today that you cannot see past? What is stopping you from getting the vision, from believing? Before I go, I want to leave you with one message; it will cost you nothing to believe but it will cost you everything if you don’t believe.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post just a much as I enjoyed writing it. If you care to share your thoughts please leave a comment in the section below.
I know at times the path seems unbearable, you really don’t know how much more you can take. You pray, yet there is no answer. You talk to friends but the can’t help, they really don’t understand. If only this would happen or if only that would happen, I’ll be alright.
Your deliverance is on the way, things will work out for you. This feeling will subside; start waking up determined to do your best. Look for ways throughout the day where you can be a help to others. Start praying for other people. Take the focus off of your problems and put that effort into something positive.
In the process see what lessons need to be learned. Do you need to learn how to be quiet, to not be quick to react, to not spend your check as soon as it hit the bank? Do you need to learn how to love unconditionally, to put the needs of others before your own.
Ask God to reveal to you what you need to learn and where you can approve. You are not here by accident, there is a testimony after this test.
“The pain that you’ve been feeling, can’t compare to the joy that’s coming.” –Romans 8:18-