Tuesday, July 16, 2019, was hard; worry, doubt, and fear kicked in all at once. I sat at my desk completely overwhelmed with my thoughts; maybe the hotel was unsafe, maybe my goals were unrealistic, what if it didn’t work out as planned. Negative scenario after negative scenario kept playing over and over again in my head. My head was hurting and my heart was racing. My focus was non-existent; I just needed the day to be over with. Read More
This blog is a part of a three-part series, it will give the reader an inside look at my journey to home ownership. I am sharing this to help those who battle with trusting God and having faith that He will work it out. Thank you for taking this journey with me and please be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss this!
On Sunday, July 14, 2019, I decided it was time to end my marriage. We have been married almost nine years and the marriage was empty, just two people coexisting. I often hear people say you should stay and work it out but that takes two people; not one person praying it’ll get better and the other carrying on like nothing is happening around them. There are many reasons I could use to justify leaving my marriage but in the end it all came down to one thing…. I needed to choose me. I needed to choose the things I wanted for my life. I needed to choose my happiness and that’s exactly what I did. I chose me. Read More
- You are important– So God created mankind in His own image; in the image of God He created them; male and female He created them. -Genesis 1:27-
- You Are Loved: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. -John 3:16-
- You are not alone: Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. -Deuteronomy 31:6-
- You are strong: He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. -Isaiah 40:29-
- You can do anything: Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” -Matt 19:26-
- You are blessed– The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you -Numbers 6:24-25-
- No one is perfect: For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God -Romans 3:23-
- Your future is bright: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11-
- All your needs are met: And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. –Philippians 4:19-
- God is with you: So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10-
On many occasions I had to comfort my son; after one of his sporting events he would be upset for one reason or another. After all my other advice failed to make him feel better I would tell him you could always just run on the field or run on the court, this would get a laugh out of him. I would ask him who’s going to stop him? He said the coach would take him out, but he was already out so what did he have to lose? Nothing! But he had a lot to gain.
Opportunities work like this; often times we miss opportunities because we are afraid to come off the bench, afraid to try something new or different. In your life you do not need permission to come off the bench and join the game. You have total control of how much playing time you get. Don’t let fear of failing, fear of ridicule, doubt, and uncertainty be the reason why you missed this whole game called life. Whatever it is you have been hoping for, been inquisitive about, or have been wanting to try, go for it, who’s going to stop you? Read More
Have you heard or read the story about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego? In the book of Daniel chapter 3, a king named Nebuchadnezzar built a gold statute and he ordered everyone to kneel before the statue and worship it. When the music played everyone kneeled with the exception of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. King Nebuchadnezzar was made aware of this by some Babylonian fortunetellers, who saw this in a vision. Read More